The Rapeseed Honey and its effects
Probably you think about the rapeseed honey that it's not delicious, but taste it! The rapeseed honey is the one of the other priority honeys which:
- is alkaline thus, you can feel its medical effect when you have gastric hyperacidity moreover, it's recommended to eat in that case
- has high level of iron so it's also suggested against anemia
- is one of those honeys what contains the most glucose, thats why it crystallize after few days. It's called 'cream honey' as well because of its creamy consistance. The rapeseed honey is beneficial for athletes and intellectual or physical labours because it stregthen the human body.
- is gastric hyperacidity and anti-inflammatory
- is gladly used by hungarians to savour tea or coffee because it has mild taste thus, let us to feel the drinks real taste.
Where can we find the rapeseed?
The rapeseed is produced throughout Hungary thus, bees can make rapeseed honey in many places. But the most producing can be found in the counties of the South and West part of Transdanubia. In this region the 72-80% of the beekeepers migrates to rapeseed fields while this value is 32% nation-wide.
The territory of the rapeseed producing is over 30 thousand hectare in the last few years and it can grow forward because of the 'biodiesel project'. 100-200kg per hectar of honey is produced.
In Spring eye-catching view unfolds to us with the yellow flowered rapeseed fields. This is the first cultivated plant which gives a lot of nectar.
Why is the rapeseed honey also called 'cream honey'?
It's one of the most glucose content honey thus, it crystallize quickly into smooth grains and it become creamy in few days. That's why it's called 'cream honey'. We can smooth it easily.
The rapeseed (cream) honey's colour: it covers from creamy colour to light yellow.
It's very sweet and has a little rapeseed scent.
The rapeseed honey's medical effects in sum:
The rapeseed honey is a very valuable and effecive honey because it goes into the bottle directly after filtration thus, we eat its every ingredients without damage. The rapeseed honey's main effect (because of its low acidity): is recommended to gastric hyperacidity sufferers. Further effects: general strengthen, disinfectant and anti-inflammatory effect, it has high level of iron so it's suggested against iron deficiency.
It's gladly used in teas, coffees, because it doesn't have strong and characteristic taste thus, it lets the flavour of the drinks. The pollen and honey of rapeseed are the most nutritious for the bees, they become strong quickly. Customers like the cheap prize of this kind of honey thus, beekeepers don't keep them clean, sometimes they mix the rapeseed honey with the polyflower honey.
Let's try the clean rapeseed (cream) honey in coffee or tea or against gastric acid or for baking!